Over $200,000 Raised for charity partners!
The West Vancouver Foundation believes in a future that is bright, just and sustainable with the resources to ensure a vibrant quality of life for generations to come. We are a leader in community-based philanthropy, working with individuals, families and charities for maximum community impact.
Give Where You Live is an exciting giving campaign that empowers you to join others in West Vancouver & the North Shore in supporting a select group of local charities. The 2021 campaign is now complete. The community generously donated $135,059, plus $65,500 in matching (from the Ian & Rosemary Mottershead Fund), is resulting in $200,559 to our 7 charity partners!
GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE CATALOGUE
The West Vancouver Foundation’s Give Where You Live Catalogue is a short list of some of the organizations and projects we have our eyes on. They are mostly small(er) and mid-sized, but they are mighty. Read the Guide to learn more.
Your donations will support the needs right here in our community. Donations made between November 15 – December 31st, 2021, were matched, up to $10,000 total, by our Ian and Rosemary Mottershead Fund -doubling your gifts!
In Canada, 60% of all charitable donations benefit only 1% of charities. It’s time to change that. The groups featured here are working to transform lives on the North Shore, and make our community stronger and more resilient.
- Foundry North Shore – Youth & Parent Support Programs, $11,000 in funding
- Harvest Project – Extending a hand up, $20,000 in funding
- Hollyburn Family Services Society – Vulnerable Seniors Support, $35,242 in funding
- Howe Sound Biosphere Society – Searching for slhawt’ (herring), $19,130 in funding
- North Shore Rescue – Helicopter Night Hoisting, $20,000 in funding
- West Van Arts Council – Art Initiatives, $20,000 in funding
- West Van Seniors Centre – Feed the Need Program, $75,187 in funding
GIVE NOW, IN OUR COMMUNITY
Caring Community Fund
The Caring Community Fund provides funding to our largest grant stream, the Community Grant program. Community Grants support a wide range of community programs and projects that create connection and belonging for the North Shore community. The focus is on community needs identified in our Vital Signs report, a report that identifies trends and emerging areas of need in our community.
COMMUNITY GIVING MADE EASIER
IMPACT IN THE COMMUNITY
Thanks to the generosity of so many in our community – from single donations, bequests in wills, setting up a family fund, donating securities and more, we have been able to make a difference in our community. See some of the impact these donations have made.
- 138 grants were made in 2020. See the full list of grant recipients here.
- Read about some of the impact stories, from the charities, here.
CHARITIES WE WORK WITH
There are so many wonderful charities serving those in our community. Some have funds at the Foundation and many we have granted to.
- First Aid Ski Patrol Fund
- Harvest Project
- Hollyburn Family Services Society
- Kay Meek Arts Centre Development Fund
- North Shore Keep Well Society Fund
- North Shore Rescue Team: Endowment Fund, Spend Down Fund, Tim Jones Legacy Fund
- North Shore Stroke Recovery Centre Fund
- Paul Sugar Palliative Support Foundation
- Rotary Club of West Vancouver Sunrise Fund
- Squamish Search and Rescue Foundations Fund
- St. Francis in the Wood Fund
- 365Give Fund
- West Vancouver Marine Rescue Society Fund
- West Vancouver Police Department Fund
- West Vancouver School District’s Enhanced Learning Opportunities Fund
- West Vancouver United Church Endowment Fund
- West Vancouver Youth Band Fund
- Avalon Recovery Society
- Backpack Buddies
- BC Mountain Foundation
- BC SPCA
- Canadian Iranian Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Capilano Community Services
- City of North Vancouver
- City of North Vancouver Library
- Crisis Intervention BC
- District of North Vancouver Libraries
- District of West Vancouver
- Dundarave Festival
- Enhance West Vancouver
- Family Services North Shore
- Harmony Arts Festival – DWV
- Harvest Project
- Hollyburn Family Services Society
- House of Omeed
- Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration – DWV
- Kay Meek Arts Society
- KidSport North Shore
- Lighthouse Park Preservation Society
- Lionsview Seniors Network
- Lookout Housing
- Mothers Matter Indigenous HIPPY
- North Shore Celtic Ensemble
- North Shore Community Resources
- North Shore Disability Resources
- North Shore Keep Well
- North Shore Meals on Wheels
- North Shore Multicultural Society
- North Shore Restorative Justice
- North Shore Stroke Recovery
- North Shore Volunteers for Seniors
- North Shore Women’s Centre
- Ocean Ambassadors Canada
- Pacific Spirit Choir
- Parkgate Community Services
- Pathways Serious Mental Illness Society
- PLEA Community Services – Children of the Street
- Polygon Gallery
- Reconciliation Canada
- Red Fox Healthy Living
- Sharing Abundance
- Silver Harbour Seniors’ Centre
- Special Olympics BC North Shore
- Spectrum Mothers
- Squamish Nation
- 365 Give
- St Johns Society
- Theartre West Van
- Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports
- VanDusen Master Gardeners West Van
- Westcoast Family Centres
- West Vancouver Memorial Library
- West Vancouver Seniors’ Activity Centre
- West Vancouver Art Museum
- West Vancouver Community Arts
- West Vancouver Historical Society
- West Vancouver Marine Rescue
- West Vancouver Police Department
- West Vancouver Streamkeepers
- West Vancouver Youth Band
- Zajac Ranch for Children
2021 Featured Charities
Choose from one of our featured charity partners, donate to one of our field of interest funds, or donate to the Caring Community Fund.
CREATE YOUR OWN FUND
Establishing a family fund allows you to customize your charitable giving and improve the lives of others in your community over time.
LEAVE A LEGACY
Ensure your generosity impacts the community for years to come by updating your will to include a gift to the West Vancouver Foundation.