West Vancouver Foundation supports charitable organizations working to create and sustain a healthy and vibrant West Vancouver, where everyone is valued, contributes and feels they belong.
Micro Grants provide responsive support for smaller charitable initiatives that create connection and belonging for the community of West Vancouver but fall outside of the Community Grants funding amount and timeline.
Up to $1,000
Ongoing intake beginning January 2020.
WHO CAN APPLY
An organization is eligible to apply if it serves the West Vancouver community and is a registered charity or qualified donee with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
An organization that is not a registered charity wishing to apply for funding from the Foundation may consider developing a formal and genuine partnership with a registered charity whose mandate is similar. The registered charity would apply for funds for the proposed project and receive the funds on behalf of the partner. The CRA requires this relationship to be set out in writing, signed by the charity and organization doing charitable work. Click here to visit CRA’s website for more details.
Micro Grants aim to support connection and belonging for the West Vancouver community and will support a wide range of organizational needs. Organizations must have submitted a final report for previous WVF grants before submitting a new application.
- Must be charitable in nature;
- Fall within the Impact Areas as listed above;
- Must be for the benefit of the community of West Vancouver;
- Improve connection and belonging for the West Vancouver Community.
The following initiatives are ineligible:
- Deficit reduction (e.g. debts or loans);
- Building an endowment;
- Primarily benefitting individuals (such as scholarships);
- Expenses incurred before the date of grant approval;
- National or provincial initiatives without specific benefit to West Vancouver;
- Religious activities or services that focus on only one spiritual tradition;
- Political activity that is prohibited by the Canada Revenue Agency.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Read the Grant Guidelines and assess your program/project eligibility
2. Submit your application as a PDF or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff may contact you to discuss your application. You will receive an email notifying you if your grant request was approved or denied within 6 weeks of our acknowledgment of receiving your application.
If you have questions about Micro Grants, please contact Denise Howell.