This fund was established by the District of West Vancouver to accept community donations to support the Navvy Jack House Restoration project.
The goals of the project are to:
- save the oldest building on the North Shore as an excellent example of an early (circa 1872) residential dwelling in British Columbia;
- respect and connect to the built and cultural heritage of our community and to recognize the truly unique shared history of the Indigenous and settler cultures of the time;
- create and maintain a facility that will serve a public benefit and foster a place of gathering.
The fund was opened in July 2022 with the goal of raising $1.6 million towards the initiative. For more information on the Navvy Jack House project and the community fundraising program see savenavvyjackhouse.com
Should the Navvy Jack House Restoration project be unable to accept these funds, they will be directed to support the enhancement of the Ambleside waterfront areas.
To keep up on Foundation news, sign up for our enewsletter.
- In order to properly recognize all donors for their contributions, West Vancouver Foundation will share your name and donation amount with the fund representative unless you have checked the anonymous box on the donation form.
- This fund’s granting purpose is subject to change.