COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESPONSE GRANT
West Vancouver Foundation supports charitable organizations working to create and sustain a healthy and vibrant West Vancouver, where everyone is valued, contributes and feels they belong.
The North Shore COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant is for charitable organizations serving those affected on the North Shore by the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants will be made based on need and available funding.
WHO CAN APPLY
A registered charity (registered with Canada Revenue Agency) is eligible to apply if it serves the West Vancouver or North Shore community.
The North Shore COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant aims to support charitable organizations serving those affected on the North Shore by the COVID-19 pandemic. Key priorities are programs or projects that focus on keeping North Shore residents fed, sheltered and connected, especially vulnerable residents.
- Must be charitable in nature;
- Must be for the benefit of the community of West Vancouver or the North Shore;
- Must provide direct response and support to those affected by COVID-19, particularly those who are most vulnerable and those who are facing social isolation;
- Must use the grant awarded to provide for expenses incurred or planned on the North Shore;
- Must align with the purpose of the fund, with key priorities being Food Security, Safe Shelter, Health & Connection, and Modifying of operations to allow for continuation of charity's current services.
The following initiatives are ineligible:
- Deficit reduction (e.g. debts or loans);
- Building an endowment or general fundraising;
- Primarily benefiting individuals (such as scholarships);
- Initiatives without specific benefit to West Vancouver or the North Shore.
How to Apply
1. Read the Grant Guidelines and assess your program/project eligibility.
2. Fill out and submit your application as a PDF or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff may contact you to discuss your application. Within 2 weeks, you will receive an email notifying you if your grant request was approved or denied.
If you have questions about Community Grants, please contact Denise Howell.
Please note that this grant is funded by the new North Shore COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund and the amounts available to grant will depend on the amounts donated to the fund.
The Canadian government has also announced support for businesses and individuals. Please visit their site to see if you qualify.