For Professional Advisors
Every day you provide professional guidance and advice to your clients on the best options available to fulfil their personal and/or professional dreams. Understanding their philanthropic goals is another aspect of these discussions.
Whether they want to address an urgent need in the community, memorialize a loved one, or help out a charity with a project, we have a giving option to help them make an impact and improve the lives of others in the community.
Helping your clients realize their philanthropic goals and ideas allows you to provide more comprehensive service as part of a total financial or legal plan, which your clients will appreciate. When you understand the local issues, and the work being done to address them, you will build greater respect and trust along the way.
Both you and your clients will benefit by working with us:
- We work as your partner. You stay in control of your client relationships-we're here to help you provide a full range of services to your clients.
- We are experts on charitable giving. Whether it's setting up a less costly alternative to a private foundation or putting together a complicated estate plan, we can tailor giving plans to meet your clients' particular needs.
- We offer expert knowledge about our community, so we can help your clients be as effective as possible in their giving.
- We help you connect across generations. When you help families establish a Donor-Advised Fund with us, you, and they, can stay involved for generations.
- We help your clients donate a variety of assets, including cash, publicly listed securities, and real estate. These can be assets they give now, or later, as part of their estate plans.
We're here to help - How we work with professional advisors
As a Resource: Background Information and Research
As a professional advisor, you can help your clients create and realize their personal philanthropic vision. Our staff and volunteers have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice on areas of need in our community:
- Insights and knowledge of local and regional community issues & needs.
- Understanding of the needs of charities and programs.
- Experience in managing a range of funds, each reflecting the unique wishes of the individual or family who establish them.
Solutions in Philanthropy: Administrative and Guidance
- We manage all administrative matters involved with your Fund.
- We offer cost savings available through economies of scale and pooling of resources. The foundation invests funds with top professional fund managers, supervised by an independent Investment Committee of the foundation's Board of Directors.
- We support the establishment of endowment funds - a permanent investment of capital that benefits the community forever and helps create personal legacies.
- We can set up funds in your client's name to make grants that benefit projects from a wide range of charitable causes important to them. The criteria and structure of each Donor Advised Fund or Designated Fund is shaped by the wishes of your client and their family.
- We can accommodate your clients' commitments to various organizations and interests in a single fund-and the grants will continue forever.
- As a registered Public Foundation with Canada Revenue Agency, the West Vancouver Foundation is authorized to issue charitable receipts for income tax purposes for gifts of cash, securities or life insurance, during the donor's lifetime or later by bequest in a will.
Please contact us if you would like to:
- meet to discuss a client's specific interests;
- receive an information package;
- book an information session for your team regarding the West Vancouver Foundation;
- receive ongoing updates about the West Vancouver Foundation.
We are charitable giving experts. Whether it's setting up a less costly alternative to a private foundation or giving support for their estate planning, we can tailor giving plans to meet your clients' particular needs.